Green leaves and sweet corn PulavWhat else can be an easy recipe for a complete meal on a tiring day.. A one pot meal . Today is one of those days, and found some green leaves and frozen corn in my refrigerator. Fortunately had some mint leaves / pudina as well (pulav without mint flavour becomes incomplete). So, here I go with the recipe. Enjoy this easy delicious, and healthy meal.
Rice - 2 cups (Preferably Basmati rice)
Green leaves (Dantina soppu/palak) - 1 cup (Finely chopped)
Sweet corn - 1 hand ful
Green Chillies - 3 chopped lengthwise.
Onions - 2 chopped lengthwise
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tspn
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tspn
Mint leaves - 1/2 cup (Finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup (Finely chopped)
Kasoori methi - 1 hand ful
Coconut milk/Fresh milk - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Whole garam masala - 2 each (Cloves, cardamom, Star aniseed)
Bay leaf - 1
Butter and ghee - 1 tbl spn each
Water : 2 cups
Lemon juice - 2 tbl spn (Optional)
1) Fry basmati rice with little ghee and soak it in 2 cups of water and coconut milk for at least 30 Min. (if you dont have time to do this step. Do not bother) :) (I soaked it in the vessel of electric cooker itself)
2) In a pan, add butter and ghee, once hot, add all the garam masala and the bay leaf, and fennel seeds.
3) Next, add green chillies, onions and saute till they get slightly transparent, and then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4) Once done, add the chopped green leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves and sweet corn, saute for another minute and add salt to taste.
5) Now add kasoori methi by crushing them between your palms.
6) Put this mixture into the rice where you soaked in the vessel of electric cooker, and turn it on to cook.
7) Once done, it will automatically drop and its ready to serve.
8) Garnish with fried onions/lemon juice. (Optional)
9) Serve with Raita.
Note: If you are using pressure cooker, fry the ingredients directly in pressure cooker and pour the soaked rice. let it cook till done. (Around 2 whistles should be good)