Mixed Vegetable Korma
Cinnamon - 2-3 nos (1 inch pieces)
Cloves - 4-6 nos.
Star Anise flower - 2
Bay leaf - 1 no.
Cardamom - 2 nos.
Oil - 3 - 5 tbl spn
Green chillies - 4 - 5 nos
Cashew nuts - 10-12 pieces
Tomato - 1 medium sized
Coriander leaves 1/4 cup (Finely chopped)
Gasgase - 2 tsp (Optional)
Ginger paste - 2 tsp
Garlic paste - 4 tsp
Onion - 2 medium (cut lengthwise)
Tomatoes - 2 (Finely chopped)
Fennel powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder - 1 tspn
Coriander Powder - 1 tspn
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup (Alternatively you can use heavy cream or full cream milk)
Cauliflower - 1 cup
Grean Peas - 1/2 cup
French beans - 3/4 cup (cut it in 1 inch pieces)
Carrot - 3/4 cup (diced)
Potato - 3/4 cup (diced)
Cauliflower - 1/4 cup (separated small florets)
1) In a pan, head some oil add the whole garam masala and once they are done, add cashews and saute till they get golden brown.
2) Add chopped onions, little salt and saute till done.
3) Now add ginger and garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4) Next add chopped tomatoes and saute till the oil separates.
5) Now add Turmeric powder, coriander powder, jeera powder and fennel powder and saute till the raw flavour disappears.
6) Leave the mixture to come to room temperature or just nice to blend it into a smooth paste.
7) Parallely, cook all the vegetables together (Excluding cauliflower) for few minutes with enough water and little salt. (You can cook in micro wave if you have) and keep aside.
8) Now, take the same pan, add 1 tspn of oil and add the ground paste and saute for few seconds.
9) Now add coconut milk and mix it well into the mixture till the sides starts to stick.
10) At this point add the cooked vegetables and cauliflower and give it a good mix to coat each vegetable with the masala. Add some water to bring it to desired consistency.
11) Now let mixture cook with closed lid for about 3 mins and check for the seasoning.
12) Garnish with some fried cashews and chopped coriander leaves.
13) Now Vegetable Korma is ready to be served with Ghee rice / Poori / Chapati or even Steamed rice.