Ingredients:Poppy seeds 5 tspn
Rice (uncooked) - 1/2 tspn (Optional) - Preferably Basmati rice
Cashews and Almonds handful.
Grated Coconut (Fresh) 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut (Dry) 1/2 cup
Jaggery 1/2 cup (melted and drained for any impurities)
Milk 1/4 cup
Elaichi, powdered 1/4 tspn
Method:1) Soak poppy seeds, cashews and badam and rice for about an hour.
2) Now grind the above soaked mixture to a fine paste along with grated coconut and keep aside.
3) Heat the jaggery syrup and bring it to a boil and keep aside.
4) Heat the above ground paste with little water and bring it to a boil till the raw smell of all the ingredients disappear (Make sure you are mixing it continuously as it will stick to the bottom very fast
5) Now add the jaggerysyrup to this mixture and bring it to a boil and keep aside.
6) Before serving add milk (either hot or cold)
7) Serve by garnishing with little heavy cream and fried cashews.