Brinjal, is mine and my dad's all time favourite. And this dish is my mom's signature dishes and she makes this dish so yummy, we can eat min 3 brinjals during one meal. :)
My BIL if invited home, used to demand to make this dish and only then he used to visit us.And now, its my In-laws fav as well and I made this on demand learning from my mom.
Its so tasty and easy recipe and goes excellent with hot rice and ghee. (Don't blame me, its definitely not a diet recipe)
Small Brinjals - 6 nos.
Grated Fresh Coconut - 3 tspn
Garlic pods - 3 nos.
Vangibath powder - 7 tspn (You can use any masala powder you have)
Oil - 1 cup
Salt to taste
1) Slit brinjal into 4 quarters keeping the crown of the brinjal intact.
2) Take a non-stick pan and add enough oil (Around 4 tbl spn) and fry the slit brinjal till it gets crispy on the outside and soft in the inside.
For the stuffing:
3) Make a course paste of Vangibath powder, garlic pods, coconut and salt and keep aside
4) Once the roasted brinjal becomes warm, carefully stuff in the ground mixture into the slit of brinjal and close them tight enough such that they dont open up.
5) Now, take the non-stick pan and add 2 tspn of oil, and drop these stuffed brinjals carefully into the pan and cook them for about 4 mins turning them on all sides. Keep the excess stuffing handy, as you can use it to mix to rice, if you need the brinjal to be more spicy.
6) Now, stuffed brinjals are ready to be served with rice or chapati.