For Ragi malt powder / mix
Ingredients to dry roast:
Red Ragi - 1 kg
Wheat - 1/2 kg (Sharabati godi)
Green Gram - 100 grm
Roasted Channa - 100 grm
Barley - 50 grm
Black eyed peas - 50 grm
Horse gram - 50 grm
Sabudana - 50 grm
Poppy Seeds - 50 grm
Almonds - 50 grm
Cashew nuts - 50 grm
Kesari - 1 box (Optional)
Rock sugar / Kalsakre - 1/2 kg (Broken into small pieces)
Cardamon powder- 50 grm
1) Dry roast all the ingredients listed in "Ingredients to dry roast" and keep aside.
2) Now, either blend them together along with the ingredients listed in other ingredients in home blender or blend them in power mill blender/food processor which can be commercially available.
For Ragi Malt:
Milk - 1 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Ragi malt powder : 1 tsp
Method for preparing the malt
1) Mix ragi malt powder with water and bring the mixture to a boil, by continuous stirring to avoid any lumps and sticking of the mixture at the bottom.
2) Now, to this add milk and bring it to a boil again.
3) Next, add sugar for extra sweetness if required and the drink is ready to be served hot or cold.
1) This is a perfect drink for those who want to lose weight and yet not missing on any required nutrients which is required for a healthy lifestyle.
2) This powder can be kept refrigerated for months and still retain the freshness. Hence, you can make this powder in bulk and blend the mixture in a powder mill which will be a better and easy option.
Sending this recipe to http://vardhiniskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/01/zesty-palette-series-3-new-u-event.html