Noticed a lot of carrots in my refrigerator and wanted to feed my 7 month old with boiled carrot. So thought why not boil it in bulk and our portion of carrots I made Carrot Payasa.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe.
Jaggery 1/2 cup (melted and drained for any impurities)
Cashews and Almonds to garnish
Milk 1/4 cup
Elaichi, powdered 1/4 tspn
1) Pressure cook chopped carrots and grind it to a smooth paste.
2) Heat the jaggery syrup and bring it to a boil and add the ground carrot paste and bring it boil together.
3) Add Elaichi powder and milk (either hot or cold) to this mixture.
4) Serve by garnishing with little heavy cream and cashews/almonds.
5) You can also try to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on this payasam. It tastes yum,.. :)
This recipe is going to Yummy Dessert 4 New Year hosted by Pranati nath. http://pran-oriya-recipies.blogspot.com/2011/12/eee.html