Carrot - 1 cup (Finely grated)
Moong Dal - 1 hand ful (Soaked for min 30 min)
Coriander leaves - 2 tbl spn
Curry leaves - 5 - 6 nos.
Red Chillies - 2 - 3 nos.
Oil - 3 tbl spn
Mustard - 1 tbl spn
Urad dal - 1 tbl spn
Channa dal - 1 tbl spn
Fresh coconut - 3 tbl spn
Hing a pinch
Salt to taste
Water - 2 tbl spn
Sugar - 1/4 tspn (Optional)
1) In a pan, heat oil, once hot add mustard seeds,urad dal, channa dal and red chillies and once they splutter, add curry leaves and hing.
2) Then add soaked moong dal and saute for a minute.
3) Now, add grated carrot and mix well.
4) Keep the pan closed and stir occasionally.
5) Once they are soft and done, add salt to taste and some sugar.
6) Garnish with Chopped coriander and its ready to serve with rice, chapati, etc