Toor Dal - 1 cup
Turmeric - 1/4 tbl spn
Keerai/Green Leaves - 1 bunch. (I used Dantina Soppu/ದಂಟಿನ ಸೊಪ್ಪು) Finely Chopped
Coriander Seeds - 2 tbl spn
Jeera - 1/4 tbl spn
Urad dal - 1/2 tbl spn
Black pepper - 3-4 nos.
Poppy Seeds - 1/2 tbl spn
Red Chillies - 3-4 nos.
Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbl spn.
Hing - a pinch
Oil - 2-3 tbl spn
Salt - to taste
1) Cook toor dal with turmeric and keep aside.
2) Cook finely chopped green leaves with little water in a heavy bottom pan
3) Roast all items in the list "to grind" separately except Fresh coconut and Grind them to a medium fine paste.
4) Now add this ground paste, dal and salt to the cooked green leaves and mix well and cook together for another 5 mins
5) Let it boil till done.
6) In another small kadai add 2-3 tbl spn of oil and once hot add mustard seeds and hing. Once they splutter, add this to the curry. and cook for another min.
7) Serve hot with Rice, Mudde/Ragi Ball, pulkas or chapatis.