Beetroot - 1/4 kg (Finely chopped)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbl spn
Oil - 2/3 tbl spn
Curry leaves - 5 -6 nos.
Salt to taste
Fried Channa dal - 2 tbl spn
Poppy seeds - 1 tbl spn
Green Chillies - 4-5 nos.
Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch stick
Fresh Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup
Fresh coconut - 1/2 cup
1) Grind all the ingredients listed in "To Grind" to a smooth paste, and keep aside.
2) Take a heavy bottom vessel, and add oil, once hot add mustard and curry leaves.
3) To this add chopped beetroot fry for 2 mins, then add water and little salt and cook for 3 mins.
4) Now add the ground mixture to this and add some more water if required to bring to desired consistency.
5) Cook till beetroot and the masala is cooked well.
6) Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with pooris or chapatis.